You are reading a rare, detailed account of everyday life in Stateville Prison.

Click to read Paul's blog quoted on:
To contact Paul, please email: paulmodrowski@gmail.com
or write him at the address shown in the right column. He will get your message personally.

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Getting ready for Paul's first post

Hello,

We are getting this blog ready for Paul's first post. He is very excited to be starting this blog. To make his posts, he writes with a tiny pencil -- the prison considers normal sized pencils and pens to be possible weapons. The prisoners are not allowed to have pencil sharpeners, so he must pick off the wood with his fingernail to get a point he can use to write. He mails his post to a friend, who will type it in here. We hope you enjoy reading what Paul has to say.

9 comments:

  1. not sure why my son left this page open....im not sure what he wants me to see...but i am a supporter of the west memphis three and a friend of their families

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great idea for a blog! I can't wait to read more of it. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read other prison blogs but none are written as well as yours is. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you really are innocent, then prayers for justice. If you are actually guilty, then prayers for repentance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Above commenter: If you really are a dork, then prayers for a reversal of your dorkyness. If you actually are not a dork, then you sure do act like one. Amen.

      Delete
  5. Glad I discovered this site. Look forward to reading more of your saga.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why did you stop?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I came across this Blog looking to get information on Jail Food and I have been reading this story for the last hour. This is a sad story about Paul. I am wondering who his crazy, incompetent attorney's name is and thinking that he should be the one getting all his friends to get Paul free from this nightmare. I have not located his name yet in this blog. Kudos to you Paul for a job well done on this blog. I hope to write to soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Paul ... I just came across this blog and while I haven't read any of your posts yet, I'm anxious to begin. Yes, I already know you eventually stop writing, but I'm still looking forward to the journey. Maybe your story will have a different ending after all. -J

    ReplyDelete

If you choose Name / URL, you can write any name and you don't need a URL. Or you can choose Anonymous. Paul loves getting your Comments. They are all mailed to him.